What Am I Buying For Myself?
A solar hot water system is not just a conscientious purchase for the environment, it has real and practical benefits for you the consumer/homeowner. Studies over the years have shown that homeowners and businesses who have installed solar hot water systems have been delighted with their investment. We are sure that you will be too!
Personal benefits of a solar hot water system include:
- Monthly savings on your energy bills - Studies estimate that hot water accounts for 15-30% of the average homeowner's energy costs. What other home improvement pays for itself and keeps paying you for 20, 30 even 40 years?
- Increased value of your home - A study by the Appraisal Institute have determined that people are willing to pay more for homes with solar hot water systems. Click here to download.
- Increased hot water - SOLARHOT systems use an 80-gallon storage tank to maximize the amount of heat captured from the sun. Get twice as much hot water for 85% less cash!
- Own your energy instead of renting it from the power company.
What Am I Buying For My Country?
Independence, the cornerstone of our great nation. We can contribute to this grand ideal through the conservation of energy. As fuel prices increase, it is easy to see the effects of our dependence on foreign energy sources, and global events illustrate the untenability of such a position. Our government recognizes the desirability of American's moving toward renewable resources and has re-introduced tax incentives for alternative energies, 30% of system materials and labor cost may be subtracted from your total tax bill! Many state governments are augmenting the federal incentives with credits of their own. Now is a HOT time to go SOLAR!
What Am I Buying For My World?
Power plant emissions of carbon dioxide, sulfates and nitrates are a serious threat to our air quality and directly impact our habitat, the animals around us, and our health. Energy costs, both financial and environmental, are rising. Issues include:
- Poor urban air quality is leading to an explosion of children with asthma.
- Escalating energy prices are putting the squeeze on the average family.
- Global warming has altered the balance of nature, raised ocean temperatures, elevated sea levels, and changed the ecosystems around us.